Animals are placed in taxonomic classifications based on differences and similarities of their traits. If you know what critical traits to look for, it is possible to separate any animal into a taxonomic category.
The common categories are Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus and Species (Specific Epithet.)
Example: Human Classification
Part 1: The assignment document contains a table with images. The images are examples of nine Animal Phylum: Porifera, Cnidaria, Nematoda, Athropoda, Platyhelminthes, Annelida, Mollusca, Echinodermata, and Chordata.
There are 9 Organisms in Nine Different Phyla.
Please see attachement for pics.
OrganismPhylaDichotomous Key (steps)Classification
Use the Dichotomous Key to determine the taxonomic category (phylum or class as shown on the key) for each animal (picture), and write these categories under the Classification Column on the table.
You will also need to list the phylum for each animal picture in column one; and list in column 2 all the steps chosen when using the key to arrive at the classification for each animal.
1. Which phyla lack organs? What type of symmetry do they have?
2. List all of the phyla that show cephalization?
3. Do all organisms on the table have 3 germ layers (endoderm, ectoderm and mesoderm)? If not, which Phyla have fewer than three germ layers?
4. One phylum has more species than all the others. State the name of this phylum and provide several different examples of species found in this phylum.
5. According to chapter 24, fish do not all have the same skeletal structure? Describe the differences among fish from the most primitive to more advanced types.
6. Describe the three types of mammals based on how their young develop?
This question was answered on: Sep 16, 2020
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.