(Solved) (Latest ver. Aug 2020) - Question: A discussion of soaps and detergents. The student should highlight the major differences between the two , and respond to the specific questions asked.Answer: Will provide the student with a detailed model answer.
BRAINMASS PROBLEM 9
1) State the difference between a soap, and a detergent?
2) What is the name for the alkaline hydrolysis of an ester?
3) Discuss the solubility of covalent compounds vs ionic compounds in polar and non polar media respectively.
4) Illustrate the mechanism by which soaps and detergents clean fibres.
5) Why does scum form in hard water areas. Why is this a problem, and how can it be overcome?
6) Some detergents are non biodegradable. What common structural features make a detergent non-biodegradable?
7) Which kind of structural features, seen in soaps and some synthetic detergents are readily biodegradable?
This question was answered on: Sep 16, 2020
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.