1) Since calcium and magnesium salts of fatty acids are insoluble in water, how would you expect this to affect the usefulness of soap in hard water?
2) If you were to make soap (using 4 grams of lard, 2 mL of 7.8 M sodium hydroxide & boiling it) and add it to the following and inverting, what would you expect to see as far as results?
1) Medium test tube of 1/4 demineralized water & 10 drops 0.1 M CaCl2
2) Medium test tube of 1/4 demineralized water & 10 drops 0.1 M NaCl
3) Medium test tube of 1/4 demineralized water & 10 drops 0.1 M MgCl2
4) Medium test tube of 1/4 demineralized water
3) Why would these results occur the way they did?
This question was answered on: Sep 16, 2020
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.