1. Reflect on what you gained from each of the below readings in relation to how changes in traditions impact society and how changes in society impact traditions. Use examples from the readings to support your points.
a. Pericles' Funeral Oration (Thucydides)
b. The Second Fall of Rome (Michael Lind)
c. from Who Put the West in Western Civilization? (Robert Royal)
2. Give specific examples and explain how traditions are good things and in what ways they might be considered negative or detrimental to a society.
3. Explain whether or not it is a good practice to question traditions.
4. Provide examples about some potentially positive and negative social issues that could come from questioning tradition.
5. Pick 1-2 traditions that we have in the U.S. that we share as a collective society; research the history (tradition) behind each tradition and thoroughly explain in your posting.
6. Identify two traditions in US society that you feel we've lost during the last 100 years or so.
7. Explain how and why we've lost these traditions.
8. Discuss whether or not these losses are good or bad for us as a society.
This question was answered on: Sep 16, 2020
Need a similar solution fast, written anew from scratch? Place your own custom order
We have top-notch tutors who can help you with your essay at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments. This we believe is a better way of understanding a problem and makes use of the efficiency of time of the student. New solution orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.